Thursday, October 21, 2021

    Couple burnt to death in Lagos after power surge

    Must read

    Babatunde Akinsola
    Babatunde Akinsola is aNaija247news' Southwest editor. He's based in Lagos and writes on the Yoruba Nation political issues, news and investigative reports

    Balogun-market-fire-9Lagos – Tragedy struck in Lagos in the early hours of Saturday, as a young couple was burnt to death in their apartment.

    The victims, simply identified as Ayo and Jumoke, were said to have died in the fire which razed their apartment at 34, Associate Crescent, Abimbola Awoniyi Estate, New Oko-Oba area of Agege.

    Mr Rasak Fadipe, the Director of Lagos State Fire Service, confirmed the incident.

    Fadipe said that the incident, which happened at about 12.03 a.m., was caused by a power surge.

    “When we got to the scene, we were able to break into the apartment but unfortunately, we met the couple dead behind the door. They were trying to escape when the fire broke out.

    “Although we appreciate the security measures put in place by people in their homes or business centres, they should, however, be mindful of their safety,’’ he said.

    Fadipe said that policemen from the Abattoir Police Division later came, removed the corpses and deposited them at an undisclosed mortuary. (NAN)

    - Advertisement -spot_img

    More articles

    - Advertisement -spot_img

    Latest article

    WP to LinkedIn Auto Publish Powered By :