We are looking for a senior financial digital freelance journalist.
Naija247news Media is looking for a senior financial freelance journalist to join its current team of writers.
Responsibilities include generating news ideas and writing original copy that relates to a specific competence area. Attending news events, participating in news meetings and stimulating debate within a small but dynamic team are all part of the job.
The position is Lagos and Abuja-based and is available immediately.
- Three to five years’ experience in the media space
- Hold a degree in finance, economics or journalism
- The ability to read and analyse financial statements and other financial information is essential
- Be able to work well and communicate effectively in a team
- Be able to work and carry out tasks independently
- Accept that an eight-hour day does not exist
- Be able to work from beat and anywhere around the clock
- Must have contacts to establishments and be connected to other journalists.
- Must like and follow our brand on social media.
Salary is negotiable.
Must have a laptop, smartphone connected to the internet.
How to apply:
Applicants must send a CV and cover letter (no more than 500 words) outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Closing date for applications: July 09 at 12h00.
Naija247news Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The appointment will be made in line with Naija247news Media’s Employment Equity Plan and Policy. Applicants not contacted within 14 days after the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.